Saturday, March 27, 2010

The book

Well, I FINALLY released my first children's book!! This has to do with Ryan because I was inspired by all three of my children...and of course he's one of them!!!

Specifically he has been a beautiful reminder of how important it is to accept differences we see in others, that if we take the time to get to know someone we will likely have something in common, and that nobody wants to feel left out.

"The Lion on the Dance Floor", targeted for preschoolers, young listeners, and young readers (through 2nd grade depending on child's reading level), delivers these messages in a simple, lively, and fun manner
.

I am so excited about this endeavor and that Ryan has taught me so much about being strong and accepting anything that comes my way. Lauren and Zachary are the best older siblings he could ever ask for, and their desire to protect him and help him inspires me too...watching them is a slice of hope for the tolerance and love I wish we could see in everyone.


The book is not a "special needs" book, but highlights common themes all children face such as friendship, overcoming differences, and facing fears.

Check out more information on:
www.theresaliononthedancefloor.com
or order via

www.amazon.com or www.authorhouse.com

ps. Ryan is still making stellar progress. He's now on the cusp of turning 3 1/2 and he's even putting words together now (OK Momma, bye bye elmo, bye bye big bird, etc)...not to mention that he's identifying colors really well. Yes, I am a proud momma!!!! More to come.




2 comments:

  1. We got a copy of your book this week and love it. I also ordered a copy for my mom's kindergarten class. You are an amazing writer. I hope this is just the first of more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Ryan continues to make progress! You are very brave people. I'm sure it hasn't been easy for you to go through all of that. Good luck with your book too!

    ReplyDelete